About the Association
| Our Strategic Purposes
- Promote and foster the growth and development of two-year institutions.
- Develop a greater understanding and appreciation for the two-year
- Strengthen the cause of two-year institutions by presenting their
opinions and philosophies to appropriate governmental agencies and organizations.
- Stimulate the professional development of the membership.
- Work with four-year institutions on transfer matters.
- Honor outstanding two-year college students through scholarships and
- Honor outstanding two-year college professions through awards and
- Establish regional commissions to study specific concerns of the two-year
- Generate professional development workshops and programs.
- Nominate the New York State Two-Year College Teacher of the Year Award to the
- Present annual recommendations to the New York State Board of Regents.
Governance of the Association
- The New York State Association of Two-Year Colleges is self-governing. Association
officers and executive committee members are elected from the active
membership. Members of regional and special committees are appointed
to office by the President.
- Individual members are represented locally by a campus representative
who has direct liaison with the Executive Board through the Coordinator
of Campus Representatives. All members can also contact the President
electronically through this web site.
- Minutes of the Executive Committee sessions and proceedings of conferences are summarized in the association newsletter.
- This web site
- Info: biannual newsletter
- Educational Dimensions: papers on diverse topics which affect
two-year colleges, as well as poetry.
Committees of the Association
- Budget and Planning
- Membership & Dues
- Constitution and By-Laws
- The Executive Board
| Back to NYSATYC Home page
further information, please contact:
All contents ©1999-2018 New York State Association of Two-Year Colleges,